Basic Trope: A hungry character hallucinates that another character is a food item.
- Straight: Alex and Bob are trapped on a desert island with no food. The hungry Bob sees Alex as a juicy steak.
- Exaggerated: Bob sees all of his crewmates as food - one's a steak, the other's a beer, another's a slice of cake...
- Downplayed: Bob smells steak when he's starving, and it's coming from Alex's direction.
- Justified: Bob's hungry mind is playing tricks on him.
- Inverted: Bob, an anthropomorphic (and very hungry) steak, sees his buddy Alex as a human.
- Subverted: Bob sees Alex turn into a steak - that's because Alex is a shapeshifter who's using his powers to screw with Bob.
- Double Subverted: But Alex isn't able to turn into food items...
- Zig Zagged: Bob sees Alex, a shapeshifter, turn into a steak. However, Alex isn't able to turn into food items... except for steak.
- Averted: Bob is hungry, so his stomach rumbles and he passes out, but that's about it.
- Enforced: "We gotta have Bob hallucinate Alex as a steak so the audience will know how hungry and desperate he's become because of his starvation."
- Lampshaded: "The talking steak has a good point. I shouldn't try to eat him."
- Invoked: Alex won't stop talking about the juicy steaks he wants to grill that weekend.
- Exploited: Someone is trying to get Bob and Alex to kill each other, so he's using their starvation against them.
- Defied: "I'm not a steak, dammit. Focus!"
- Discussed: "I hope we don't end up starving to the point that we start hallucinating each other as food."
- Conversed: "Why does Bob see Alex as a steak? A hallucination like that would never happen in Real Life!"
Go back to Meat-O-Vision before you see the creator of this page as a yummy sandwich.