Basic Trope: The forest is the most terrifying place ever.
- Straight: Bob goes into The Lost Woods one day and gets killed by a wild animal.
- Exaggerated: Everyone who has taken even one step into The Lost Woods has died in some horrible way.
- Downplayed: Bob goes into the lost woods and comes out battered and wary.
- Justified: The woods can be dangerous for the inexperienced.
- Inverted: Bob, a Wild Child, goes into the city and gets killed by someone or something there.
- Subverted: Bob goes into The Lost Woods and never returns...but when Alice has to journey inside later, she finds that he never came back because he found the woods nicer than his old home.
- Double Subverted:...Instead, Bob is the danger in the woods.
- Zigzagged: ???
- Parodied: ???
- Averted: The forest poses no more or less danger than anywhere else in the story.
- Enforced: The author has gotten irritated with pro-nature propaganda.
- Lampshaded:Bob: Trust me on this; don't go in the woods.
- Invoked: Emperor Evulz purposely makes the woods dangerous so that no one can get to his fortress inside.
- Exploited: Emperor Evulz takes advantage of the forest's dangerousness by building his fortress there.
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Don't Go in the Woods...seriously, don't.