- Butch Cavendish in general. The guy is just freaking terrifying. Tonto has good reason to think he's a Wendigo demon.
- The Freeze-Frame Bonus of Butch eating Dan Reid's heart being reflected in John's eye.
- Tonto himself, since the filmmakers apparently thought that Johnny Depp should look like the world's most primitive street mime. Worse yet, his makeup is so thickly caked that it never comes off during the 19th-century portion of the story. Not even after Tonto's been underwater.
- One of John's visions ends with a flickering shot of Butch, face covered in blood, just after eating Dan's heart. For a very, very brief second, he's replaced by John in the same position with the same blood on his face, grinning in the exact same way. And it's never explained!
- It could be something to do with John's Survivor Guilt over not being able to save his brother/causing his brother's death, or a warning that John's thirst for vengeance threatens to make him just as bad as Butch if he's not careful.
- The cannibalistic rabbits.
- And all that's implied with that, since Butch is said to have "the power to throw nature out of balance."
Nightmare Fuel / The Lone Ranger