- There's a sequence where a bunch of townspeople hunt for the werewolf in the forest. They come to a rather fog-filled area and the werewolf, who is lurking within the fog, starts picking them off one by one.
- Same goes for many of the werewolf's attacks. The way its shown only in quick cuts is very effective.
- Particularly its attack on Milt Sturmfuller.
- Even without the werewolf, the hunting mob's lack of organization or competence is a bit alarming, as it's pretty clear that some of their own number and/or an innocent bystander is liable to get shot by such jumpy, trigger-happy bunglers.
- The dragging feet of Haller walking with a bloodied kite and so shaken that he's unable to remember his frantic prayers are more scaring than any blood, gory shot of a mauled child.
Nightmare Fuel / Silver Bullet