- Being devoured by a Tomogara results in you being replaced by a Torch. Bad enough that your remaining life is spent as a sort of cosmic scab meant to insulate the universe from your disappearance. What makes this Nightmare Fuel is that when the Torch burns out, not only do you die, but no one will ever remember that you existed at all. There's an episode that chronicles Yuuji trying to save a Torch; watching her run down and burn out is equal parts Tear Jerker and this trope. If memory serves, the episode even ends with "What have we been doing all day?" when she does vanish. Brrrr.
- Any time Tiriel and Sorath make out. It's just, ugh....
- Margery Daw's Despair Event Horizon, made worse by the fact that she already has had a hard life lasting for centuries.
- Snake of the Festival Yuji's interaction with Shana at the Sereiden mostly because the screenshot angles make it look like as if he was going to rape her.
- Snake of the Festival Yuji smiling◊ for the first time, and it's NOT pleasant at all.
Nightmare Fuel / Shakugan no Shana