Auto Trader magazine was founded in 1977 in Reading, Berkshire by John Madjeski, of Reading F.C. manager fame.
Auto Trader UK contains the following tropes:
- Brand Names Are Better: Very much justified, given its existence. Also, the entire magazine name itself - see I Have Many Names.
- Fandom: As much so as Twilight, Harry Potter or Justin Bieber, and a small group of automotive hobbyists/geeks even try and make replica versions of the magazine (along with other automotive publications, so a Discussed Trope), along with their photoshopped vehicles.
- Iconic Logo: Two of them exist, and they are still memorable today.
- I Have Many Names: Until 1988, it was known as <REGION HERE> Automart, Midland Motor Mart, Thames Valley Trader. In South Africa, the cover reads Auto Trader.co.za, and in (Republic of) Ireland it reads Auto Trader.ie. Normally, it was just Auto Trader, before becoming Auto Trader.co.uk.
- Mascot: The robots from 2009 onwards in the TV adverts.
- New Look, Same Great Taste!: Not directly said, but used from November 2008, their only other redesign of the Iconic Logo.
- Sex Sells: A very tame version, with insurance advertisers using pretty, but not scantily-clad women to advertise their service.