The Sam Jones series has been optioned for US TV.
The novels provide examples of:
- Casual Kink: Played with, since Sam is not especially kinky but has no problem drinking in a fetish bar. She just happens to be there for the booze.
- Dressed All in Rubber: In The Black Rubber Dress Sam attends a formal dinner for investment bankers in this.
- Exotic Detective: The sculptor who solves murders.
- Friend With Benefits On The Force
- Improvised Weapon: Sam's sculptures can do a lot of damage.
- Magic Skirt: In Freeze My Margarita Sam insists her skirt cannot be looked up by simple virtue of being too tight.
- Mystery Magnet: Lampshaded, Sam is well aware of how weird it is that people keep dying around her and at one point exploits that to intimidate a suspect.
- What Did I Do Last Night?: From the synopsis for ChainedWhen Sam Jones wakes up handcuffed in a cellar and with a terrible headache, she naturally assumes she is suffering the aftermath of a great night out.