Interrupting Chicken And The Elephant Of Surprise is a piece of Children's Literature written David Ezra Stein and is a Sequel to the book Interrupting Chicken. It's a Short Story about when the little red chicken learns about that every story has an "elephant" of surprise. It was first published in 2018.
This book provides examples of:
- Everybody Hates Mathematics: Going by Papa's expression when his daughter asks for help with her math homework.
- Makes Just as Much Sense in Context: In universe example when the "elephant of surprise" starts to show up in classic literature.
- The Parent Produced Project: According to the little red chicken her homework is to read three books, but has her papa read to her.
- Shout-Out: The papa chicken tries to read his daughter various pieces of classic literature, such as The Ugly Duckling, Rapunzel and The Little Mermaid.
- This Is Gonna Suck: Papa's expression at the end of the book says it all when his daughter asks for help with her math homework.