Chronicles of the Other World is a German Wattpad fantasy series by Gicaldo. Book 1, "The Black Mountain", is finished, while Book 2 is still a work in progress.
The story kicks off when everyone in the world receives magical powers by an alternate dimension where magic is common. However, interventions from evil forces have caused one boy to lack those powers. He, along with his closest friends, take that personally and decide to chase after the villains.
The Black Mountain contains examples of:
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: The protagonists have no trouble slicing through monsters with elven blades.
- Action Film, Quiet Drama Scene: Despite an incredible amount of action scenes, there are still moments left for character development.
- After-Action Healing Drama: During the climax, David is impaled by a Draugr. The others find him shortly after, and desperately try to heal him even though is body already stopped working and is technically already dead. They succeed.
- Behemoth Battle: Downplayed. Maybe Dragons aren't quite large enough to qualify as Behemoth's, but their fights sure are impressive.
- Backto Back Badasses: During he Final Battle, there's a brief moment where Alex and Emily fight back to back.
- Big Bad: Cardon, one of the most powerful magicians in the world.
- Big Damn Heroes: Happens a LOT in most major action scenes. When several main characters are fighting in the same room, their fights will inevitably cross over and cause them to save someone else just before he's killed.
- Blocking Stops All Damage: Downplayed. It does take a toll when a kid blocks a sword blow from a grown man, but the protagonists shrug it off way more easily than they should.
- Bond Villain Stupidity: In their first encounter with Niro, the protagonists are captured instead of being swiftly killed off. Once the bad guys start to catch on and realize that they may not be worth the trouble of being captured, it's too late. Oh, and they do lots and lots of monologuing.
- The Climax: Up to Eleven. The final battle takes about 6 long chapters, with lots of plot twists, revelations, and near-death-experiences happening intercut with loads of fighting. The final showdown with the villain takes one whole chapter and a bit of the next.