- Freddie showing vulnerability to Hector in 1.05, asking him if he's brave even if he never went to war like Hector. Even though they've just been fighting, Hector reassures Freddie that he has a kind of courage that Hector envies.
- Hector opening up to Marnie about WWII and Italy and how Laurie saved his life, shortly after Marnie had informed him their marriage was effectively over. Marnie curls up on the sofa with him in her dressing gown.
- Marnie inviting Hector to sleep with her in the bedroom, instead of on the couch.
- In 2.05, the scene with Lix and Randall in the pub, where they've just discovered that the girl they found isn't their daughter. Lix is cold, telling Randall off for "waking her up", making her remember the past, and out of nowhere, calm, authoritative Randall breaks down. The final shot of the scene is heartwarming, but also incredibly sad, as Lix curls up beside Randall, holding his hand, and Randall quietly tells her "that's a start".
- In 2.05, Freddie's near-declaration of love to Bel outside the studio, just after he's told her his marriage is over.Freddie: I miss you.
- Freddie's Anguished Declaration of Love to Bel and their Big Damn Kiss in the finale:Freddie: We need to stop talking. We need to do something. (kisses her) I am tired of it not being possible, it is possible. You are possible. You are possible with me.
- Isaac telling Sissy - after she confesses that her father wasn't there for her wedding - that he would have been proud to walk her down the aisle. A gracious moment from a still-pining Isaac.
Heartwarming / The Hour