- The moment in Ptolemy's Gate when Ptolemy dismissed Bartimaeus even as they were attacked by twenty djin, and Bartimaeus trying fight the dismissal spell to stay and protect him. Same goes for Nathaniel doing the same.
- Kitty being willing to cross over into the Spirit World for Bartimaeus.
- For many, it's a Tear Jerker whenever Bartimaeus talks about Ptolemy.
- The Cerebus Retcon present when rereading the trilogy, in Amulet of Samarkand, Bartimaeus only mentions Ptolemy in passing as "someone I had once loved." It comes back to bite in Ptolemy's Gate.
- Miss Luttyens trying to defend Nathaniel from the assault at the party - happens offscreen, but it still counts. The narration mentions that she'd actually tried to hit Lovelace.
- The entire Nathaniel/Kitty relationship. After books of surprisingly subtle Foe Romance Subtext, they manage to grow on each other at the end. Even Bartimaeus can see it, as he incesantly does romantic references when the two work together. This only makes Nathaniel's Heroic Sacrifice a bigger Tear Jerker.
- In a very strange way (considering he was kidnapping him at the time), Bartimaeus reassuring Jakob about his looks post Black Tumbler.
Heartwarming / The Bartimaeus Trilogy