- The scene where the boys start discussing what they're going to do once they dig up the money.
- "I want to be what you want me to be, honey..."
- The boys risking their lives to try and save Tommy from the lynching.
- Everett's (semi) final prayer. "Please Lord, I just want to see my daughters again".
- The fact that even after being told that Delmar and Everett have abandoned him, the first thing that Pete does when he gets a chance to talk to them is to warn them about the trap the police set for them.
Heartwarming / O Brother, Where Art Thou?