- Simon (to Jace): "Simon Lewis. Key Master. Are you the Gatekeeper?"
- Clary: You're a cold-blooded killer!
Jace: As opposed to a peace-loving killer?
- Demon Dorothea, during her attempt to escape the Shadowhunters, attempts to close her door. Said door is missing its lower half. She then places a piano in front of it.
- Madame Dorothea refuses to let Jace inside her apartment if he's armed, and insists he leave his swords outside. He takes out one sword and dumps it, then a knife. Then another sword, then another knife, then more knives, then some more knives, and even when he's finished and holds out his hands to show he's unarmed, she points to his boot and he takes out one more knife.
- Magnus spots our heroes, but agrees to let them stay "because of the hot one." Jace, Clary, and Izzy say thanks. . . only for him to clarify that he meant Alec.
Funny / The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones