- Everyone partying it up before the end of the world. Patton Oswalt's character reveling in the loose sex he's been having since the reports is the cherry on top.
- The whole Friendsy's scene. Everyone looks like a bunch of ravers (and are even rolling on ecstasy or getting stoned) and just accepting anyone that's coming in.
- The random guy in the police station, wearing a sandwich board proclaiming the end is nigh. Dodge calls him "a peaceful, validated man."
- Dodge returning home after being on the road for about a week and finding his housekeeper Elsa still there, cleaning as if it's not the last day before the end of the world. Dodge's reaction: "Are you shitting me?!" Doubles as sort of a Heartwarming moment, since Elsa considers Dodge her friend and continues to work, whether or not she is aware of what's been going on.
- Can double as a tearjerker as no one in a civilized society wouldn't know what was happening. People cope with situations different ways and for Elsa that is treating everyday like there will be a tomorrow. The alternative for her may just be too much for her to stand.
Funny / Seeking a Friend for the End of the World