- When Mrs. Waterman jumps on Cathy and starts choking her, demanding to know where Emery is, Nick comes up to the both of them with a flashlight and we get this:Nick: (totally calm and unfazed) Beg your pardon, but would you mind awfully letting her go?
- Then, after Cathy chastises him for smacking Mrs. Waterman over the head with a pool ball, he arches an eyebrow and says "You really are a good Christian woman, aren't you?"
- Emery's response when the ghoul-versions of Deanna and Pam try to seduce him.Emery: I'm hard up, but I'm not quite that desperate.
- Also the scene early on where some ghosts try to warn him not to go to Rose Red, and his reply is a world-weary "Tell it to someone who's not broke."
- Nick's casual humor when he and Cathy find a rat.Cathy: What is it?Nick: The reincarnation of Emery's mother.
- And before that, Nick being scared out of his wits when he first sees the rat.
- The fact that the Evil Haunted House, instead of being off on some desolate and blasted heath, is instead perched on a hill directly above a multi-lane freeway.
- When Steve tells the story of Douglas Posey, he reveals that family legend claimed he "had a thing for cowboys."Nick: He liked...chaps in chaps? Was he into roping...or branding?Steve (smirking): A bit of both.
Funny / Rose Red