For a guy known for dark, depressing lyrics and in general being a bit of a grumpy asshole (though he has mellowed out in recent years), Waters' albums usually have a surprising amount of humor:
- 5:01 AM [The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking, Part 10]:"Jump!" said Yoko Ono
"I'm too scared and too good looking!" I cried
- The "I don't like fish" guy at the end of "Sunset Strip"
- Most of Jim the DJ's dialogue in "Four Minutes" is definite Black Comedy.
- The crazy old man singing on the phone after "What God Wants (Part 3)". Especially when the monkey hangs up on him.
- Some really dark comedy in "Is This The Life We Really Want?"It's because of all of us: the blacks and whites, Chicanos, Asians, every type of ethnic group, even folks from Guadeloupe, the old, the young, toothless hags, super models, actors, fags, bleeding hearts, football stars, men in bars, washerwomen, tailors, tarts, grandmas, grandpas, uncles, aunts, friends, relations, homeless tramps, clerics, truckers, cleaning ladies, ants (...maybe not ants.)
- On the In The Flesh tour, Roger and his band would play a hand of poker during the lengthy instrumental passage in "Dogs."