- "Better Than Before" is full of these. Such as;Diana: And who's this little chubby girl?Dan: That's Natalie!Natalie: This sucks.Natalie: Here's the damage to the Honda when you showed me how to park it.Diana: Did we crush somebody's cat beneath the tire?Natalie: Yes, ours.Diana: [To Natalie] Your life has kinda sucked, I think.Natalie: You've got it! Yay, hooray!
- Doctor Madden's rock star moments just before I'm Alive.
- For that matter, his rattling off all the warnings. "The white ones with the round yellow ones but not the trapezoidal green ones. Split the green ones into thirds with a tiny chisel...If a train is leaving New York at 120 miles an hour..."
- And Diana in "Seconds and Years":Dr Madden: Do you still feel your head is filled with concrete?Diana: No...and you're not a scary rock star anymore!Dr Madden: Ok...great.
- Diana in "Just Another Day":So my son's a little shit, my husband's boring/And my daughter, though a genius, is a freak...
- Additionally, her blithe declaration to Natalie:Diana: Honey, you need to slow down, take some time for yourself. I'm going to have sex with your father.
- Additionally, her blithe declaration to Natalie:
- Feeling Electric in the off-Broadway run, which takes Doctor Madden's brief rock star moments and makes a whole song out of it.
- "I mean, Portland?"
Funny / Next to Normal