- "Tower of Song". It's not exactly a happy song, but nearly every verse has a gag in it. An especially hilarious moment is when Cohen drops his voice right to the bottom of his range on the second line of the couplet "Well I was born like this, I had no choice/I was born with the gift of a golden voice."
- When accepting a Juno Award (Canada's answer to the Grammys) for "Male Vocalist of the Year"..."Only in Canada could somebody with a voice like mine win Vocalist of the Year."
- While it still has his typical dark edge, "Don't Go Home With Your Hard-On" (as might be guessed by the title) has a bite of acid humor.
- Early in his career, he was about to go onstage at a big rock festival and he had an attack of not so much stage fright as un-confidence. As he told it, he turned to his then-manager and said "What am I doing? This is ridiculous. I can't even sing." His manager replied "None of you guys can sing. If I want to hear singing, I go to the opera."
- In a Deadpan Snarker sense, his response to Phil Spector holding him at gunpoint:Spector: I love you, Leonard.Cohen: I hope you love me, Phil.
Funny / Leonard Cohen