- When he was auditioned and accepted by Ozzy Osbourne on the condition of him getting rid of the bucket. The next time he met with Ozzy, he came wearing a green alien thing on his head instead. He then proceeded to play mindgames with Ozzy. That's right, he had the balls to play mind games with Ozzy Osbourne.Ozzy Osbourne: I tried out that Buckethead guy. I met with him and asked him to work with me but only if he got rid of the fucking bucket. So I came back a bit later and he's wearing this green fucking Martian's-hat thing. I said, "Look, just be yourself!" He told me his name was Brian, so I said that's what I'd call him. He says, "No one calls me Brian except my mother." So I said, "Pretend I'm your mum then!" I haven't even got out of the room and I'm already playing fucking mind games with the guy. What happens if one day he's gone and there's a note saying, "I've been beamed up?" [laughs] Don't get me wrong, he's a great player. He plays like a motherfucker!
- His recorded interviews (actually meant as jokes and made by his friends) can be rather funny, switching back and forth from weird humor to Squick.
- Buckethead will sometimes cite really weird things as instruments on his albums.
- His cited instruments played on the album The Cuckoo Clocks of Hell are taxidermy, embalming, and clock repair.
- On Racks his cited instrument is bionic fingernail.
- On Balloon Cement it's replacement slug.
- On Underground Chamber it's guitars, bass, and shovel.
- On It's Alive feathers and bass.
- On Slaughterhouse it's peak and tear out portions and guitar.
- On Albino Slug it's guitars, bass, and slug decoloration .
- Numerous videos made over the years show him doing funny stuff, while in costume. Like one interview with Les Claypool where Buckethead's apparently playing guitar in a closet and suddenly gets very uncomfortable around the reporter. There's also another of drummer Brain waiting for him at an airport and Buckethead proceeds to stroll unflinchingly out the luggage area holding his bag... while wearing his mask and bucket on his head. You can tell people at the airport are trying really hard not to look at him.
- The joke interview he made with Bootsy Collins and some friends.
- This excerpt from the official "story" of how Buckethead (the character) came to be:"It wasn't all bad, though, on the farm. As soon as he moved into the chicken coop he started to make new friends. The chickens took real good care of him, and they liked him so much they scratched his face off. Now he could wear a mask every day, just like Halloween! He was the luckiest boy he knew. He didn't know many other boys though, except those kids who lit him on fire that time."
- "Chicken", a short, yet awesome, jam, with Buckethead making random rhythmic mouth noises on a talk box before it devolves into him singing "chicken" over and over.
Funny / Buckethead