These are recommendations made by Tropers for FTL: Faster Than Light fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Anything by reddit user /u/dirtytabs
- Recommended by: Black Mage, Henry42
- Status: No longer active
- Synopsis: The comics are about several aspects of FTL. The author does show a preference for the Slug race.
- Pairing(s): Sometimes, but 99% of the time it's Played for Laughs.
- Tags: Wide range, nothing specific
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
- FTL: Kestrel Adventures, by Andrew Colunga
- Recommended by Mad Cormorant, Henry42
- Status: Ongoing as of 01/28/2019.
- Synopsis: An animated series depicting the crew of a Kestrel as they try to deliver a critical package to the frontlines amid the Federation-Rebel war. Videos consist mostly of art assets and animation produced by the author in keeping with the general style of the game, depicting the various areas inside the ship and external environments such as space stations and planetary surface areas, combined with small amounts of gameplay footage. Voice acting is provided by the author and his family/friends, greatly expanding the characterization of the mostly faceless crewmembers from the game. The barebones backstory of the game is also enhanced with details such as the Great Mantis War that took place before the Rebellion—which ties in intimately with why the Rebellion occurred to begin with, as well as why one of the Kestrel's crew members—shown to be a high-ranking officer during the Mantis War—is now in charge of a salvage fleet.
- Now has its own page!
- Now has its own wiki!
Ghosts of the Federation, by SmoothPapaJ
- Recommended by Black Mage, Henry42
- Status: Completed
- Synopsis: Captain Charlotte Brant and her crew carry out a desperate mission to save the Federation.
- Pairings: None, though people seem to root for Brant and her engi second-in-command.
Tactical Miscalculations, by Civilized Lee
- Recommended by Tom S 98
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: A comedy about the results of various poor choices the author makes whenever he plays the game that is told from the perspective of a crew member.
Fanfiction that combines elements, characters, etc. from two or more different franchises.
- Recommended by: Makiki 13
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: A misfit crewnote must make their way across eight space sectors to deliver an important message to the Federation Base, and trying to avoide being blown up, or worse. All the while running from the Rebel Fleet and learning their true intentions of ruling the Galaxy.
- Pairing(s): Most are simply implied or Played for Laughsnote , except for Male Robin/Shulk, and the eventual ProtonJon / Lucah Jin.
Stories focused on making the series darker, and/or exploring the darker aspects of the series.
Breathe by Jakkar
- Recommended by: System Cellar
- Status: Complete (Oneshot)
- Synopsis: "Two human males sit on trolleys in the sickbay of the Kestrel design cruiser Seething Rage." Based on a playthrough where Jakkar's crew was down to two men and there was no oxygen left. Might not be suitable for people with a phobia (more like reasonable fear) of asphyxiation.
- Pairing(s): None