The four Clans are doing good. 4 years ago, SkyClan left and is but a distant memory to all but the elders. Since then, everything has been fine. However, this all changes one rainy day.
Warriors: The Day The Clans Died asks the question "What if rabies was introduced into the Clans?" The answer? A disastrous epidemic. It also explores some themes not depicted in canon, such as how cats would view homosexuality or juvenile pregnancies.
Unfortunately, the writer discontinued the story after four chapters.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Accidental Misnaming: When asked who the previous medicinecat was, Sandfreckles guesses it was someone called "Jayclaw". She never met Jayfeather because he died before she was apprenticed.
- Automobiles Are Alien: The cats come across a car crash but don't fully understand it. They think that the wrecked automobile is "dead" and that the 'monster' ate a twoleg.
- Dark Fic: The series predominantly strays away from topics of disease. Rabies is never referenced in the main series. Warriors: The Day The Clans Died has a rabies outbreak occur amongst the Clans.
- Dead Fic: The story was discontinued before the rabies epidemic began.
- Deliberate Values Dissonance: RiverClan is the most tolerant Clan towards cats who are attracted to the same-gender. Swanfeather deserted ThunderClan because he was afraid to be out.
- Elsewhere Fic: The story begins post-series with a new cast of cats.
- Has Two Mommies: This is Swanfeather's ideal. He really likes kits and wants some of his own. He's also gay, though he doesn't have a mate yet.
- Obligatory Swearing: Cats use human curses such as "bastard". This also counts as Orphaned Etymology because cats don't have marriage systems (and queens don't even have to state who their kits' sires are).
- Teen Pregnancy: Gustpaw is an apprentice who was impregnated by an adult named Brackenclaw. Brackenclaw went on the run because his crime is punished by death.