A Dead by Daylight fanfic by author DrTanner.
Being a survivor in The Entity's game sucks. Just seeking a little space away from the others, Jake finds himself in a new area of the Entity's world. And not just any area. The residence of the monsters who hunt him and the others without end. Seemingly stuck there with no escape, Jake is forced to interact with 3 of the men who have killed him time and again. And soon finds there may be more to them. Are they really redeemable? Or is Jake living in a fantasy?
Can be found here.
- Always Someone Better: The appearance of The Shape evokes this among Evan. As he fears the remorseless, amazingly efficient killer may render him and the others obsolete.
- Curbstomp Battle: Anytime The Shape tries stepping up to Evan, he's soon sent packing after a quick thrashing.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: The Shape isn't liked by any of his fellow killers.
- Grumpy Bear: Evan, better known as The Trapper, slowly becomes one as the story goes on.
- I Am A Humanitarian: Lisa (AKA, The Hag) is naturally still one. She does her best to control herself around company, but even Evan and the others know to leave when she gets the hungry look in her eyes.
- Manchild: The Hillbilly is portrayed as one of these.
- Sympathy for the Devil: The most recurring theme, as Jake fights to not sympathize with the Entity's minions.
- Time Abyss: A brief conversation in chapter 5 implies Evan has been playing the game since at least the 1920's or earlier. As he doesn't even know what television is (Which came about in the late 20's).
- The Voiceless: The Wraith does not speak like the others do.