In an instant, without explanation, two wielders of the Shiny Rod find themselves displaced. Akko is stranded in the Luna Nova of ten years ago, and Chariot is hurled into the Luna Nova of a decade later. They search for a way home, but who knows? Maybe they'll learn something trapped in each other's time! (They'll certainly learn something, but it's much less fun than they hoped.)
The fanfic provides examples for:
- Bittersweet Ending: The present time. The Noir Rod was averted but Croix left with Chariot following her. However, Akko and her friends along with her new one, Diana to continue the search for the Seven Words
- For Want of a Nail: Due to Akko showing magic to a younger Diana, Diana would later helped tutor that timeline's Akko, having a fondness for her due to resembling the girl that showed her magic.
- Future Me Scares Me: Chariot was in shock when she saw what became of her future self, Ursula who forced her to abandon Croix.
- It's All My Fault: Ursula witnessed Akko about to murder Chariot and Croix. This event caused her to abandon the Quest to tend to her student.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Both Chariot and Croix want to forsake their dreams to preserve the other
- Laser-Guided Karma: During her time in the past, Akko showed a younger Diana some magic. This caused a new timeline where that version of Diana helped the version of Akko in her magic.
- My God, What Have I Done?:
- Both Croixs, past and present, finally understand the damage they did to the people around them.
- Akko suffered this for about to use the Shiny Rod to murder.
- Tranquil Fury: Akko lost it learning what both her idol and teacher did to her that she unleashed her Shiny Rod to kill them.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Sucy provided one badass one at Diana for nearly killing Akko and taking credit for something she did.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: Diana managed to bring Akko back to her senses.