How Akuma Kicked Christmas' Ass is a fan fic originally written by Gavin "Gavok" Jasper (who wrote it under the psuedonym "Vokter Seuss"). It is a retelling of How the Grinch Stole Christmas!, except with characters from Capcom fighting games as the Whos, and Blood Knight Akuma in the role of the Grinch.
Despite being originally written as a "goof" according to Jasper, the story has taken a life of its own in the fighting game community. It has been reposted quite a few times on the Shoryuken.com forums during Christmas time, and has been adapted into animated gif form. For Christmas 2012, Maximilian of Assist Me fame did a a reading of the story and posted it under the title How Akuma Stole Christmas.
How Akuma Kicked Christmas' Ass includes examples of:
- Blood Knight: This is why Akuma wants to stop Christmas from coming. The focus on celebrating Christmas means the Capcom characters aren't training and becoming stronger, which Akuma is annoyed by.
- Children Are Innocent: Not that Akuma cares, as he simply knocks out Roll when she catches him Shoryuken-ing the tree.
- How the Character Stole Christmas
- HeelFace Turn: Not unlike the character he's standing in for, Akuma has one towards the end of the story as well. He pretty much had to, after Shadaloo tried to use the presents he stole to make M. Bison stronger.
- Non-Human Sidekick: Iggy from Jojos Bizarre Adventure plays the role of Max the Dog
- Shout-Out: To just about all of Capcom's fighting game history from 1991 to about 2002-03. There's also one to Mortal Kombat, Jasper's favorite fighting game series.
- The song the Capcom characters sing despite Akuma stealing all their Christmas stuff? "I'm going to take you for a ride!" Maximilian's reading even includes the audio of the song.