Harry comes back to Privet Drive after fifth year utterly depressed and having horrible nightmares. Petunia decides she must do something, so she sends him to a Muggle school, where they have psychologists to help the students, and no one in the Wizarding World knows where he is except Hermione. While there, he makes new friends, meets people who help him heal and help him train, and he grows more than he ever could have alone.
Contains examples of:
- Abuse Mistake: Dumbledore and, to an extent, Petunia about what Harry suffered from Vernon. Both are very sorry and repentant.
- Freudian Couch: Harry has one in Paul's office, and It wouldn't be too far a stretch to think the rest of the psychologists have them too.
- Mama Bear: Petunia becomes this for Harry. Snape, Dumbledore and a few aurors knows this first hand.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Harry, in restoring Voldemort's memories and curing his insanity, moves his death date from potential years to within a few months
- Our Vampires Are Different: Vlad Tepes, also known as Dracula, walks around in sunlight, has no mention of a garlic allergy or aversion, and has the ability to adopt a person as their child, turning them into a clingy, overprotective guardian with a slew of overprotective aunts and uncles. He also praises Harry's portrayal of him in the school play.
- Supernatural Martial Arts: Harry's normal martial arts turns into this after he masters wandless magic.
- Training from Hell: Harry gets this from Voldemort.