Virna Pieralisi (8 November 1936 18 December 2014), better known as Virna Lisi, was an Italian actress.
She initially became known for her roles as a blue-eyed European blonde temptress in Hollywood comedies such as How to Murder Your Wife (1965). However, she later underwent a renaissance in serious roles such as La Reine Margot (1994), for which she won Best Actress at Cannes and the César Award for Best Supporting Actress.
Films with pages on TV Tropes:
- How to Murder Your Wife (1965) as Mrs. Ford
- The Birds, the Bees and the Italians (1966) as Milena Zulian
- Assault on a Queen (1966) as Rosa Lucchesi
- Bluebeard (1972) as Elga
- La Reine Margot (1994) as Caterina de Medici
In popular culture:
- The Argentine rock band Sumo made a song about her, "TV Caliente a.k.a. Virna Lisi" ("Hot TV a.k.a. Virna Lisi") in 1986. Incidentally, the brother of frontman Luca Prodan, actor Andrea Prodan, appeared with Lisi in the movie I ragazzi di via Panisperna (1988).
- A Brazilian rock band, Virna Lisi (19891997) was named after her.