Betty Adams lives in a particularly damp and remote corner of the Pacific Northwest and like a hobbit enjoys visitors so long as she knows them in advance and knows when they are coming. She was born sometime last century and will likely die sometime this century. She works winters on a small organic research farm when not writing and spends most of her time herding eccentric genius scientists (she is absolutely certain cats would be easier) with the help of her 14-year-old blue heeler. Summers she spends nomadically wandering the Pacific Northwest in search of material for her stories and a regular paycheck for a biology major (she is reasonably certain those are on the Endangered Species List). She has several works published in the National Park Internal Database which may or may not be classified documents.
Works with their own page:
Tropes common in her works:
- Nature Lover: Amadhy Love is a biologist by profession. Drake McCarty can only find peace in the forest. Donnigan McCarty is happiest outside and their cousin Emerald Waters Underhill is fiercely environmentally minded (or thinks he is, at least).
- Deceased Parents Are the Best: The McCarty siblings and their cousin Em have five parents among them, all very loving, and dead for nearly a decade.
- Cool Big Sis: Amadahy Love has raised her brothers and cousin for the past seven years.
- Chekhov's Gun: The trip to Haiti with Mama Baby Haiti http://www.mamababyhaiti.org/.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: The Medic Bell
- Our Dragons Are Different: Yukon and Chattahoochee are Lawful Good river dragons only mildly constrained by the laws of physics.
- Starfish Aliens: Larians are silicon-based lifeforms who prefer temperatures that would cook any organic life instantly.
- Team Mom: Amadahy Love.