Ask Alistair is a web-based Bizarro Fiction series chronicling the questions asked of an advice columnist and his replies. Alistair himself seems rarely puzzled by, for instance, the proposal that a ghost is taking over an electrical engineer and wants advice on how best to pull it off.
A collection was released in 2015, retroactively giving Alistair a history.
The official website is linked here.
Ask Alistair contains examples of:
- Our Dragons Are Different: Both Western and Eastern dragons are addressed, and referred to as such.
- Eldritch Abomination: Frequently writes in.
- Fourth-Wall Mail Slot: A central conceit of the series; there's a standing form for readers to submit questions.
- Monster Clown: Implied in one letter, along with Alistair grimly advising the reader to fight back.
- Politically Incorrect Hero: "Hero" may be stretching it, but Alistair has a fixation on mistrusting any female mentioned in the letters.
- Seen It All: Between not only having an answer for almost any question and frequently referencing precedent on bizarre issues, Alistair definitely gives this impression.
- Surreal Horror: An oddly light example.