- The new costumes and models are sly references to other Nintendo games. They were also made from scratch.
- At the time, the limited tools didn't allow importing animations from Melee. Mewtwo was notable, so the team spent an alleged 700 hours working on new ones for it. Roy went through a similar process, and both of their fighting styles have been revamped.
- Forty-one playable characters, with a little taken from 64, Melee, and Brawl.
- Mewtwo's Final Smash, Psystrike. Put simply, it's a one-handed, evil, massive Wave Motion Gun. If that doesn't scream badass, then nothing ever can.
- The fact that Project M's cancellation of development has not slowed the fandom for the game one bit. As of 2018, Project M tournaments easily get more entrants than even Smash 64. Keep in mind that the Wii has been long discontinued and that modding for future consoles to run the game is highly unlikely.
Awesome / Project M