- The three hits that count into the final movement of "Teeth Like God's Shoeshine".
- When the "Cowboy Dan" refrain comes back much angrier and more frantically than before, leading into "CAN'T DO IT, NOT EVEN IF SOBER! CAN'T GET THAT ENGINE TURNED OVER!"
- The defiant refrain of "Education," recited in a Tom Waits-esque growl: "I don't do what you do!"
- The amazing, near-unpredictable drum entrance on "Styrofoam Boots/It's All Nice on Ice, Alright".
- Many fans were not prepared for the sheer head-banging awesomeness of "Lampshades On Fire" when it was released
Awesome / Modest Mouse