It is revealed in the DLC that Chakravartin created Mantra, as well as all life. He also states he was testing the Demigods (most particularly Asura) to rule the world as the next True God, and set the world in a terrible trial of facing Vlitra every time. He purposely made Gaea and everyone on it suffer to see who could step up and grant the world its enlightenment.
- Pride: Arrogance, absolute authority, Totalitarian, Dictatorship
- Violence: Destruction, War, disregard of safety, justifying the means to an end
- Sloth: Lazy, not achieving full potential, letting others do work
- Greed: Never satisfied, always wanting more
- Vanity: Conceited, Narcissistic, a Small Name, Big Ego, Cynical
- Lust: Desire for blood, attention, & affection
- Melancholy: Depression, apathy, Sadness, Powerlessness
- Wrath: Destruction, Pain, Anger, Fury, Rage
The Mantra were made negative in the first place because this trial, like much of the game, draws on Buddhist belief; specifically of reaching Nirvana, and having to personally suffer before achieving it. The world itself is in constant turmoil from the Gohma, and the Gohma are weak against only the power of Mantra. However, it takes the same negative energy to overcome monsters of a vengeful planet. It is symbolism of the trials to overcome the sins of man.
Asura, having been betrayed and constantly forced to see his once comrades do atrocious acts against mankind, continued to grow his Wrath, to the point that it overflowed and extended the limits of his body. That's when Chakravartin knew Asura could become the next God, because his power was near his own and it bested Vlitra, the Gohma representing the will of Gaea.