Follow TV Tropes

Following

History NightmareFuel / RaySeries

Go To



* The major BigBad of the series, the Con-Human [[MasterComputer super-computer]] from ''[=RayForce=]'' and it's prequel ''[=RayCrisis=]'', almost single-handedly wipes out all of humanity when it started to malfunction. The [[AllThereInTheManual manual]] of ''[=RayForce=]''[='=]s PC port describes all the horrors it caused on Earth when it gone completely rogue; it caused natural disasters with the planet's [[WeatherControlMachine weather-control unit]], [[AlmostOutOfOxygen deprived the Earth of it's oxygen]] to suit it's own needs, and created temperatures that made the planet uninhabitable while [[OmnicidalManiac killing off those unfortunate enough to live on Earth]]. After taking over the Earth, all of humanity that managed to escape from the planet was only left with one option: Commence "Operation: [[TitleDrop RAYFORCE]]" and [[EarthShatteringKaboom destroy the Earth]]. The way it turned bad? It was hooked up to a [[CloningBlues cloned human]] and somehow came to the conclusion that fresh clones were superior to naturally born beings... not just humans, but '''''pre-existing life in general'''''. The worst part: [[EldritchAbomination It was a MAN-MADE]] [[TurnedAgainstTheirMasters SUPER-COMPUTER]].

to:

* The major BigBad of the series, the Con-Human [[MasterComputer super-computer]] from ''[=RayForce=]'' and it's prequel ''[=RayCrisis=]'', almost single-handedly wipes out all of humanity when it started to malfunction. The [[AllThereInTheManual manual]] of ''[=RayForce=]''[='=]s PC port describes all the horrors it caused on Earth when it gone completely rogue; it caused natural disasters with the planet's [[WeatherControlMachine weather-control unit]], [[AlmostOutOfOxygen deprived the Earth of it's oxygen]] to suit it's own needs, and created temperatures that made the planet uninhabitable while [[OmnicidalManiac killing off those unfortunate enough to live on Earth]]. After taking over the Earth, all of humanity that managed to escape from the planet was only left with one option: Commence "Operation: [[TitleDrop RAYFORCE]]" and [[EarthShatteringKaboom destroy the Earth]]. The way it turned bad? It was hooked up had been tasked with trying to figure out a way for humans to exist forever, and began breaking down trying to figure out a fool-proof way to do that. [[FromBadToWorse The situation decayed further]] when a mecha-neurologist [[CloningBlues cloned human]] installed a clone as part of an attempt to determine organic/inorganic entity compatibility]]. They were compatible, all right--the clone's mind entered Con-Human, and somehow came to it reached the conclusion that fresh clones were superior there ''was'' a way to naturally born beings... not just humans, but '''''pre-existing life in general'''''.guarantee human existence. Namely, [[BrainUploading pull all the minds it can into machinery]], then protect the new inorganic lives by [[WellIntentionedExtremist erasing organic life]]. The worst part: [[EldritchAbomination It was a MAN-MADE]] [[TurnedAgainstTheirMasters SUPER-COMPUTER]].


The ''RAY'' series isn't just a shoot 'em up series about piloting a space fighter capable of spamming homing lasers (or lightning depending on the game), it also shows us that the human race is capable of planetary disasters.

to:

The ''RAY'' series isn't just a shoot 'em up series about piloting a space fighter or two capable of spamming homing lasers (or lightning depending on the game), it also shows us that the human race is capable of horrific planetary disasters.



** The bad ending of ''[=RayCrisis=]'' doesn't make things any better. [[spoiler:After witnessing your Wave Rider being snuffed out by the Con-Human, images appear briefly during the ending which mentions how the Con-Human wiped out all life on Earth and no survivors had a chance to escape, and then finally, it burrowed its way into the Earth's crust and took over the entire planet's core!]]

to:

** The bad ending of ''[=RayCrisis=]'' doesn't make things any better.is ''[[FromBadToWorse MUCH]]'' worse. [[spoiler:After witnessing your Wave Rider being snuffed out by the Con-Human, images appear briefly during the ending which mentions how the Con-Human wiped out all life on Earth and no survivors had a chance to escape, and then finally, it burrowed its way into the Earth's crust and took over the entire planet's core!]]


* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHBHltNIDss "Molecular Clock"]] (Original ZUNTATA version), the boss music for the sixth and seventh stages from ''[=RayStorm=]'', can be a very unsettling song, which can make dealing with [[ThatOneBoss Alaric]] and [[EternalEngine Spartacus]] much more nerve-wracking.

to:

* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHBHltNIDss com/watch?v=1i1FW8EIysE "Molecular Clock"]] (Original ZUNTATA version), the boss music for the sixth and seventh stages from ''[=RayStorm=]'', can be a very unsettling song, which can make dealing with [[ThatOneBoss Alaric]] and [[EternalEngine Spartacus]] much more nerve-wracking.


* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHBHltNIDss "Molecular Clock"]] (Original ZUNTATA version), the boss music for the sixth and seventh stages from ''[=RayStorm=]'', can be a very unsettling song.

to:

* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHBHltNIDss "Molecular Clock"]] (Original ZUNTATA version), the boss music for the sixth and seventh stages from ''[=RayStorm=]'', can be a very unsettling song.song, which can make dealing with [[ThatOneBoss Alaric]] and [[EternalEngine Spartacus]] much more nerve-wracking.


[[caption-width-right:320:[[AIIsACrapShoot Con-Human's]] [[NonStandardGameOver invasion could not be stopped]] [[ItsAWonderfulFailure and neither could they escape]].]]
* The major BigBad of the series, the Con-Human [[MasterComputer super-computer]] from ''[=RayForce=]'' and it's prequel ''[=RayCrisis=]'', almost single-handedly wipes out all of humanity when it started to malfunction. The [[AllThereInTheManual manual]] of ''[=RayForce=]''[='=]s PC port describes all the horrors it caused on Earth; it caused natural disasters with the planet's [[WeatherControlMachine weather-control unit]], [[AIIsACrapshoot gone completely rogue]], [[AlmostOutOfOxygen deprived the Earth of it's oxygen]] to suit it's own needs, and created temperatures that made the planet uninhabitable while [[OmnicidalManiac killing off those unfortunate enough to live on Earth]]. After taking over the Earth, all of humanity that managed to escape from the planet was only left with one option: Commence "Operation: [[TitleDrop RAYFORCE]]" and [[EarthShatteringKaboom destroy the Earth]]. The way it turned bad? It was hooked up to a [[CloningBlues cloned human]] and somehow came to the conclusion that fresh clones were superior to naturally born beings... not just humans, but '''''pre-existing life in general'''''. The worst part: [[EldritchAbomination It was a MAN-MADE]] [[TurnedAgainstTheirMasters SUPER-COMPUTER]].
** The bad ending of ''[=RayCrisis=]'' doesn't make things any better. [[spoiler:The images that appear briefly during the ending mentions the Con-Human managed to wipe out all life on Earth and no survivors had a chance to escape, and afterwards, it burrowed its way into the Earth's crust and ''took over the entire planet's core''!]]
* The Extra Mode ending of ''[=RayStorm=]'' is no better. Over 70% of the seven-billion inhabitants of the planet Secilia were killed during "Operation: RAYSTORM" while the remaining 30% would have no chance of survival. Creator/WorkingDesigns' translation of the ending in the [=PlayStation=] version is ''much'' worse than the translation in the HD version.
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHBHltNIDss "Molecular Clock"]] (Original ZUNTATA version), the boss music for the sixth and seventh stages from ''[=RayStorm=]'', can be a very unsettling song.

to:

[[caption-width-right:320:[[AIIsACrapShoot Con-Human's]] [[NonStandardGameOver [[ItsAWonderfulFailure invasion could not be stopped]] [[ItsAWonderfulFailure [[TheEndOfTheWorldAsWeKnowIt and neither could they escape]].]]
* The major BigBad ''RAY'' series isn't just a shoot 'em up series about piloting a space fighter capable of spamming homing lasers (or lightning depending on the series, the Con-Human [[MasterComputer super-computer]] from ''[=RayForce=]'' and it's prequel ''[=RayCrisis=]'', almost single-handedly wipes out all of humanity when game), it started to malfunction. The [[AllThereInTheManual manual]] of ''[=RayForce=]''[='=]s PC port describes all the horrors it caused on Earth; it caused natural disasters with the planet's [[WeatherControlMachine weather-control unit]], [[AIIsACrapshoot gone completely rogue]], [[AlmostOutOfOxygen deprived the Earth of it's oxygen]] to suit it's own needs, and created temperatures also shows us that made the planet uninhabitable while [[OmnicidalManiac killing off those unfortunate enough to live on Earth]]. After taking over the Earth, all human race is capable of humanity that managed to escape from the planet was only left with one option: Commence "Operation: [[TitleDrop RAYFORCE]]" and [[EarthShatteringKaboom destroy the Earth]]. The way it turned bad? It was hooked up to a [[CloningBlues cloned human]] and somehow came to the conclusion that fresh clones were superior to naturally born beings... not just humans, but '''''pre-existing life in general'''''. The worst part: [[EldritchAbomination It was a MAN-MADE]] [[TurnedAgainstTheirMasters SUPER-COMPUTER]].
** The bad ending of ''[=RayCrisis=]'' doesn't make things any better. [[spoiler:The images that appear briefly during the ending mentions the Con-Human managed to wipe out all life on Earth and no survivors had a chance to escape, and afterwards, it burrowed its way into the Earth's crust and ''took over the entire planet's core''!]]
* The Extra Mode ending of ''[=RayStorm=]'' is no better. Over 70% of the seven-billion inhabitants of the planet Secilia were killed during "Operation: RAYSTORM" while the remaining 30% would have no chance of survival. Creator/WorkingDesigns' translation of the ending in the [=PlayStation=] version is ''much'' worse than the translation in the HD version.
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHBHltNIDss "Molecular Clock"]] (Original ZUNTATA version), the boss music for the sixth and seventh stages from ''[=RayStorm=]'', can be a very unsettling song.
planetary disasters.



-> ''[[GameOver RAY Flight! Come in! Come in!]]''

to:

-> ''[[GameOver * The major BigBad of the series, the Con-Human [[MasterComputer super-computer]] from ''[=RayForce=]'' and it's prequel ''[=RayCrisis=]'', almost single-handedly wipes out all of humanity when it started to malfunction. The [[AllThereInTheManual manual]] of ''[=RayForce=]''[='=]s PC port describes all the horrors it caused on Earth when it gone completely rogue; it caused natural disasters with the planet's [[WeatherControlMachine weather-control unit]], [[AlmostOutOfOxygen deprived the Earth of it's oxygen]] to suit it's own needs, and created temperatures that made the planet uninhabitable while [[OmnicidalManiac killing off those unfortunate enough to live on Earth]]. After taking over the Earth, all of humanity that managed to escape from the planet was only left with one option: Commence "Operation: [[TitleDrop RAYFORCE]]" and [[EarthShatteringKaboom destroy the Earth]]. The way it turned bad? It was hooked up to a [[CloningBlues cloned human]] and somehow came to the conclusion that fresh clones were superior to naturally born beings... not just humans, but '''''pre-existing life in general'''''. The worst part: [[EldritchAbomination It was a MAN-MADE]] [[TurnedAgainstTheirMasters SUPER-COMPUTER]].
** The bad ending of ''[=RayCrisis=]'' doesn't make things any better. [[spoiler:After witnessing your Wave Rider being snuffed out by the Con-Human, images appear briefly during the ending which mentions how the Con-Human wiped out all life on Earth and no survivors had a chance to escape, and then finally, it burrowed its way into the Earth's crust and took over the entire planet's core!]]
* The Extra Mode ending of ''[=RayStorm=]'' is no better. Over 70% of the seven-billion inhabitants of the planet Secilia were killed during "Operation: RAYSTORM" while the remaining 30% would have no chance of survival. Creator/WorkingDesigns' translation of the ending in the [=PlayStation=] version is ''much'' worse than other versions of the game.
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHBHltNIDss "Molecular Clock"]] (Original ZUNTATA version), the boss music for the sixth and seventh stages from ''[=RayStorm=]'', can be a very unsettling song.
----
->''[[GameOver
RAY Flight! Come in! Come in!]]''


** The bad ending of ''[=RayCrisis=]'' doesn't make things any better. [[spoiler:The images that appear briefly during the ending mentions the Con-Human managed to wipe out all life on Earth with no survivors having a chance to escape, and then afterwards it borrowed its way into the Earth's crust and ''took over the entire planet's core''!]]

to:

** The bad ending of ''[=RayCrisis=]'' doesn't make things any better. [[spoiler:The images that appear briefly during the ending mentions the Con-Human managed to wipe out all life on Earth with and no survivors having had a chance to escape, and then afterwards afterwards, it borrowed burrowed its way into the Earth's crust and ''took over the entire planet's core''!]]


[[caption-width-right:320:[[AIIsACrapShoot Con-Human's]] [[NonStandardGameOver invasion could not be stopped]], [[ItsAWonderfulFailure and neither could they escape]].]]
* The major BigBad of the series, the Con-Human [[MasterComputer super-computer]] from ''[=RayForce=]'' and it's prequel ''[=RayCrisis=]'', almost single-handedly wipes out all of humanity when it started to malfunction. The [[AllThereInTheManual manual]] of ''[=RayForce=]''[='=]s PC port describes all the horrors it caused on Earth; it caused natural disasters with the planet's [[WeatherControlMachine weather-control unit]], [[AIIsACrapshoot gone completely rogue]], [[AlmostOutOfOxygen deprived the Earth of it's oxygen]] to suit it's own needs, and created temperatures that made the planet uninhabitable while [[OmnicidalManiac killing off those unfortunate enough to live on Earth]]. After taking over the Earth, all of humanity that managed to escape from the planet was only left with one option: Commence "Operation: [[TitleDrop RAYFORCE]]" and [[EarthShatteringKaboom destroy the Earth]]. The way it turned bad? It was hooked up to a [[CloningBlues cloned human]] -- and somehow came to the conclusion that fresh clones were superior to normally born... not just humans, but '''''pre-existing life in general'''''. The worst part: [[EldritchAbomination It was a MAN-MADE]] [[TurnedAgainstTheirMasters SUPER-COMPUTER]].

to:

[[caption-width-right:320:[[AIIsACrapShoot Con-Human's]] [[NonStandardGameOver invasion could not be stopped]], stopped]] [[ItsAWonderfulFailure and neither could they escape]].]]
* The major BigBad of the series, the Con-Human [[MasterComputer super-computer]] from ''[=RayForce=]'' and it's prequel ''[=RayCrisis=]'', almost single-handedly wipes out all of humanity when it started to malfunction. The [[AllThereInTheManual manual]] of ''[=RayForce=]''[='=]s PC port describes all the horrors it caused on Earth; it caused natural disasters with the planet's [[WeatherControlMachine weather-control unit]], [[AIIsACrapshoot gone completely rogue]], [[AlmostOutOfOxygen deprived the Earth of it's oxygen]] to suit it's own needs, and created temperatures that made the planet uninhabitable while [[OmnicidalManiac killing off those unfortunate enough to live on Earth]]. After taking over the Earth, all of humanity that managed to escape from the planet was only left with one option: Commence "Operation: [[TitleDrop RAYFORCE]]" and [[EarthShatteringKaboom destroy the Earth]]. The way it turned bad? It was hooked up to a [[CloningBlues cloned human]] -- and somehow came to the conclusion that fresh clones were superior to normally born...naturally born beings... not just humans, but '''''pre-existing life in general'''''. The worst part: [[EldritchAbomination It was a MAN-MADE]] [[TurnedAgainstTheirMasters SUPER-COMPUTER]].SUPER-COMPUTER]].
** The bad ending of ''[=RayCrisis=]'' doesn't make things any better. [[spoiler:The images that appear briefly during the ending mentions the Con-Human managed to wipe out all life on Earth with no survivors having a chance to escape, and then afterwards it borrowed its way into the Earth's crust and ''took over the entire planet's core''!]]


[[quoteright:320:http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/raycrisis_badend.png]]
[[caption-width-right:320:[[AIIsACrapShoot Con-Human's]] [[NonStandardGameOver invasion could not be stopped]], [[ItsAWonderfulFailure and neither could they escape]].]]



* The Extra Mode ending of ''[=RayStorm=]'' is no better. Over 70% of the seven-billion inhabitants of the planet Secilia were killed during "Operation: RAYSTORM" while the remaining 30% would have no chance of survival. WorkingDesigns' translation of the ending in the [=PlayStation=] version is ''much'' worse than the translation in the HD version.
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHBHltNIDss "Molecular Clock"]] (Original ZUNATA version), the boss music for the sixth and seventh stages from ''[=RayStorm=]'', can be a very unsettling song.

to:

* The Extra Mode ending of ''[=RayStorm=]'' is no better. Over 70% of the seven-billion inhabitants of the planet Secilia were killed during "Operation: RAYSTORM" while the remaining 30% would have no chance of survival. WorkingDesigns' Creator/WorkingDesigns' translation of the ending in the [=PlayStation=] version is ''much'' worse than the translation in the HD version.
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHBHltNIDss "Molecular Clock"]] (Original ZUNATA ZUNTATA version), the boss music for the sixth and seventh stages from ''[=RayStorm=]'', can be a very unsettling song.


''[[GameOver RAY Flight! Come in! Come in!]]''

to:

-> ''[[GameOver RAY Flight! Come in! Come in!]]''


* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHBHltNIDss "Molecular Clock"]] (Original ZUNATA version), the boss music for the sixth and seventh stages from ''[=RayStorm=]'', can be a very unsettling song.

to:

* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHBHltNIDss "Molecular Clock"]] (Original ZUNATA version), the boss music for the sixth and seventh stages from ''[=RayStorm=]'', can be a very unsettling song.song.
----
''[[GameOver RAY Flight! Come in! Come in!]]''
----


* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHBHltNIDss "Molecular Clock"]] (Original ZUNATA version), the boss music for the sixth and seventh stages from ''[=RayStorm=]'', can be a very unsettling song.
----
-> ''TV Tropes and Wiki/{{Wikipedia}} have [[DownerEnding vanished]]. Likewise, those that wrote the VideoGame/RaySeries pages and all evidence of their existence have been wiped away. No record of Tropers was found, and no Troper has ever returned.''
----

to:

* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHBHltNIDss "Molecular Clock"]] (Original ZUNATA version), the boss music for the sixth and seventh stages from ''[=RayStorm=]'', can be a very unsettling song.
----
-> ''TV Tropes and Wiki/{{Wikipedia}} have [[DownerEnding vanished]]. Likewise, those that wrote the VideoGame/RaySeries pages and all evidence of their existence have been wiped away. No record of Tropers was found, and no Troper has ever returned.''
----
song.


-> ''TV Tropes and Wiki/{{Wikipedia}} have vanished. Likewise, those that wrote the ''VideoGame/RaySeries'' pages and all evidence of their existence have been wiped away. No record of Tropers was found, and no Troper has ever returned.''

to:

-> ''TV Tropes and Wiki/{{Wikipedia}} have vanished. [[DownerEnding vanished]]. Likewise, those that wrote the ''VideoGame/RaySeries'' VideoGame/RaySeries pages and all evidence of their existence have been wiped away. No record of Tropers was found, and no Troper has ever returned.''

Added DiffLines:

----
-> ''TV Tropes and Wiki/{{Wikipedia}} have vanished. Likewise, those that wrote the ''VideoGame/RaySeries'' pages and all evidence of their existence have been wiped away. No record of Tropers was found, and no Troper has ever returned.''


* The ''VideoGame/RaySeries''[='=] major BigBad, the Con-Human [[MasterComputer super-computer]] from ''[=RayForce=]'' and it's prequel ''[=RayCrisis=]'', almost single-handedly wipes out all of humanity [[CloningBlues when it started to malfunction]]. It caused natural disasters with the planet's [[WeatherControlMachine weather-control unit]], [[AIIsACrapshoot gone rogue]], [[AlmostOutOfOxygen deprived the Earth of it's oxygen]] to suit it's own needs, and created temperatures that made the planet uninhabitable while [[OmnicidalManiac killing off those unfortunate enough to live on Earth]]. After taking over the Earth, all of humanity that managed to escape from the planet was only left with one option: Commence "Operation: [[TitleDrop RAYFORCE]]" [[spoiler:and [[EarthShatteringKaboom destroy the Earth]]]]. The worst part: [[EldritchAbomination It was a MAN-MADE]] [[TurnedAgainstTheirMasters SUPER-COMPUTER]].
* The Extra Mode ending of ''[=RayStorm=]'' is no better. Over 70% of the seven-billion inhabitants of the planet Secilia were killed during "Operation: RAYSTORM" while the remaining 30% would have no chance of survival.
** The kicker in TheStinger: [[spoiler:[[FridgeHorror The Earth have disappeared along with planet Secilia]]]].

to:

* The ''VideoGame/RaySeries''[='=] major BigBad, BigBad of the series, the Con-Human [[MasterComputer super-computer]] from ''[=RayForce=]'' and it's prequel ''[=RayCrisis=]'', almost single-handedly wipes out all of humanity [[CloningBlues when it started to malfunction]]. It malfunction. The [[AllThereInTheManual manual]] of ''[=RayForce=]''[='=]s PC port describes all the horrors it caused on Earth; it caused natural disasters with the planet's [[WeatherControlMachine weather-control unit]], [[AIIsACrapshoot gone completely rogue]], [[AlmostOutOfOxygen deprived the Earth of it's oxygen]] to suit it's own needs, and created temperatures that made the planet uninhabitable while [[OmnicidalManiac killing off those unfortunate enough to live on Earth]]. After taking over the Earth, all of humanity that managed to escape from the planet was only left with one option: Commence "Operation: [[TitleDrop RAYFORCE]]" [[spoiler:and and [[EarthShatteringKaboom destroy the Earth]]]].Earth]]. The way it turned bad? It was hooked up to a [[CloningBlues cloned human]] -- and somehow came to the conclusion that fresh clones were superior to normally born... not just humans, but '''''pre-existing life in general'''''. The worst part: [[EldritchAbomination It was a MAN-MADE]] [[TurnedAgainstTheirMasters SUPER-COMPUTER]].
* The Extra Mode ending of ''[=RayStorm=]'' is no better. Over 70% of the seven-billion inhabitants of the planet Secilia were killed during "Operation: RAYSTORM" while the remaining 30% would have no chance of survival.
** The kicker
survival. WorkingDesigns' translation of the ending in TheStinger: [[spoiler:[[FridgeHorror The Earth have disappeared along with planet Secilia]]]].the [=PlayStation=] version is ''much'' worse than the translation in the HD version.
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHBHltNIDss "Molecular Clock"]] (Original ZUNATA version), the boss music for the sixth and seventh stages from ''[=RayStorm=]'', can be a very unsettling song.
----

Added DiffLines:

* The ''VideoGame/RaySeries''[='=] major BigBad, the Con-Human [[MasterComputer super-computer]] from ''[=RayForce=]'' and it's prequel ''[=RayCrisis=]'', almost single-handedly wipes out all of humanity [[CloningBlues when it started to malfunction]]. It caused natural disasters with the planet's [[WeatherControlMachine weather-control unit]], [[AIIsACrapshoot gone rogue]], [[AlmostOutOfOxygen deprived the Earth of it's oxygen]] to suit it's own needs, and created temperatures that made the planet uninhabitable while [[OmnicidalManiac killing off those unfortunate enough to live on Earth]]. After taking over the Earth, all of humanity that managed to escape from the planet was only left with one option: Commence "Operation: [[TitleDrop RAYFORCE]]" [[spoiler:and [[EarthShatteringKaboom destroy the Earth]]]]. The worst part: [[EldritchAbomination It was a MAN-MADE]] [[TurnedAgainstTheirMasters SUPER-COMPUTER]].
* The Extra Mode ending of ''[=RayStorm=]'' is no better. Over 70% of the seven-billion inhabitants of the planet Secilia were killed during "Operation: RAYSTORM" while the remaining 30% would have no chance of survival.
** The kicker in TheStinger: [[spoiler:[[FridgeHorror The Earth have disappeared along with planet Secilia]]]].

Showing 15 edit(s) of 15

Top

Example of:

/
/

Feedback