* BaitAndSwitch: [[spoiler:At the very end of the movie, when the plane safely lands, Sean is about to exit the plane but one last snake appears suddenly, latching onto his chest. Neville thinks fast and shoots the snake dead... but hits Sean in the chest in the process. It briefly seems as if the whole movie was for nothing, until it's revealed that Sean was wearing a bullet proof vest and is just fine.]]
* ChekhovsGun: The cobra drawing one of the little boys does in the middle of the movie [[spoiler:which he uses to identify the snake that bit his brother at the end]].
* ChekhovsGun: The cobra drawing one of the little boys does in the middle of the movie
* GladToBeAliveSex: [[spoiler:After the plane lands the CampStraight air steward calls his girlfriend (her legs presently wrapped around his waist) "his little cowgirl" and says he's going to get her home right away]].
* ARareSentence: [[spoiler:Claire cannot ''believe'' she has to ask the passengers if any of them can fly a plane]].
** To be fair, The one who was outright retiring never mentions this fact until after being bitten, and being unlikely to survive.
** To be fair,
In 2010, an actual plane crashed in the Congo due to a panic caused by an escaped crocodile. How many passengers survived? One (plus the crocodile, which an emergency response unit promptly slaughtered with machetes after arriving at the scene).
In 2012, [[http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/snakes-plane-australian-pilot-makes-emergency-landing-discovering-140345209.html it happened for real]], though only one snake showed up. Then it happened again in Scotland. [[http://www.travelerstoday.com/articles/3499/20121027/snakes-plane-snake-found-scotland.htm Again, only one showed up.]]
Showing 15 edit(s) of 122