Is your story a Low Fantasy?:
edited 23rd May '11 6:40:23 AM by Tjatter
- High Fantasy
- There's epic-scale political plots that can affect entire countries. In fact, this is the main plot.
- The world it takes place is is a very magic-driven setting closely tied to Earth.
- Magic is generally looked upon as a good, common part of life.
- There are some areas stuck in Medieval Stasis, but mainly due to Time Dissonance.
- There's some staples of High Fantasy, such as elves, dragons, swords, sorcerers, monarchies, empires, and peasants.
- Vince exists.
- Low Fantasy
- Most of the High Fantasy elements are played more realistically.
- In fact, the entire world in general tends to be played more realistically.
- Magic has a cost- your sanity.
- Clear-cut Black and White Morality is exceedingly rare. Every last character, no matter how purely good or purely evil they start out as ends up doing something difficult or contrary to their original intentions.
- War tends to be pointless, and almost never for a "noble" reason.
- Thornton exists.
You need to Get Known to get one of those.