YMMV: The Man in the Iron Mask
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Porthos's suicide attempt, and the few minutes prior to it.
"What's Porthos doing?"
- Ham and Cheese: Jeremy Irons, John Malkovich and Gérard Depardieu seem to have been in a scenery-devouring contest. Leo also gets into the act:
- "It's JUDGMENT DAY!"
- "If the King harms my son merely to take a lover, then THIS KING BECOMES MY ENEMY!"
- "I am PORTHOS! And I FIGHT THE KING!"
- "As for you, back to the prison you fear and into the mask you hate. WEAR IT UNTIL YOU LOVE IT! And then die in it."
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Fresh off Titanic (1997) where he was THE KING OF THE WOOOORLD, DiCaprio is now just the King of France.
- In fact, the movie opened while Titanic was still in theaters.
- Narm: Arguably the main appeal of the movie.
- D'Artagnan: "To love you is treason against France. Not to love you is treason... against my heart."
- Christine's verdant eyebrows. They look like little mice on her forehead!
- Retroactive Recognition: Then-unknown Peter Sarsgaard as Athos' doomed son.