Trivia: The Man in the Iron Mask
- All-Star Cast
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Oh look, House is one of Louis' courtiers!
The Nostalgia Chick: Well fine, I'm going to play a lovable old curmudgeon on Fox.
- Fake Nationality: The film features an eclectic array of fake Frenchmen. Most notable were Englishman Jeremy Irons as Aramis, Irishman Gabriel Byrne as D'Artagnan, American John Malkovich as Athos, American Peter Sarsgaard as his son, and American Leonardo DiCaprio as King Louis XIV, none of whom particularly bothered to disguise their country of origin. This was made particularly noticeable by having an actual Frenchman, Gérard Depardieu, round out the cast. Anne Parillaud, who is a native Parisian, plays Anne of Austria — who, despite her designation, was from Spain. Judith Godreche (Christine) is the only other French actor.
- Playing Against Type: Leo as the utterly despicable and possibly psychopathic Louis.
- Jeremy Irons who normally plays villains plays a heroic character and a musketeer no less.
- What Could Have Been: It's a shame that an actual Three Musketeers film featuring a younger Byrne, Depardieu, Malkovich and Irons was never made.