Creator: Sam Neill
Sam Neill (September 14, 1947-) is a Northern Ireland-born New Zealand actor known mostly for his roles in Jurassic Park, the miniseries Merlin, the final The Omen movie, The Hunt for Red October, and Daybreakers. He also appears to have stopped aging since the 1980s, which makes you wonder whether he really is Merlin.
Selected works in which Sam Neill has appeared:
- Sleeping Dogs (1977)
- Omen III: The Final Conflict (1981)
- Possession (1981)
- Ivanhoe (1982, adaptation)
- Reilly, Ace of Spies (1983)
- A Cry in the Dark (1988)
- Dead Calm (1989)
- La Révolution Française (1989)
- The Hunt for Red October (1990)
- The Piano (1993)
- Jurassic Park (1993)
- Sirens (1993)
- In the Mouth of Madness (1994)
- Event Horizon (1997)
- Snow White: A Tale of Terror (1997)
- Merlin (1998) (no relation to 2008 series)
- Bicentennial Man (1999)
- The Dish (2000)
- Jurassic Park III (2001)
- The Tudors (2007)
- Daybreakers (2009)
- The Hunter (2011)
- Escape Plan (2013)
- Peaky Blinders (2013-14) (2 series)
Tropes used with Sam Neill:
- Chronically Killed Actor: A lot of Neill's roles end with him dying.
- Older Than They Look: For a guy in his mid-60s, he could easily pass for a guy in his late 40s or early 50s.
- Sanity Slippage: Neill has played this a couple of times as a rational man slowly falling into a pit of madness.