- Anti-Climax Boss: Part 2. Tatsumaru is surprisingly easy to beat compared to the sub-boss Genbu.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The series features a sword called the "Izayoi", the ancestral weapon of the Azuma clan that seems to possess some degree of magical power. Many years later, BlazBlue ends up featuring a weapon called Izayoi that is also an ancestral weapon (Of the Yayoi family) that also possesses magical abilities. At least Tenchu's Izayoi doesn't blind its user.
- Moral Event Horizon: Tatsumaru massacring the quarantine village and the Azuma village.
- Narm: The English dialogue veers into this from Onikage's heavy Japanese accent (part 1) to Rin's inane screaming. There's also the geysers of blood that sound like whoopee cushions when someone dies.
- Ayame's infamous "You're arrows are like you: weak and twisted. I fear them not." Her voice actor reads the last sentence as a sarcastic. "I fear them...NOT!"
- So Bad, It's Good: The English dub.