YMMV: Midnight Club
- Best Level Ever: Midnight Club 3's "Big Air" in Atlanta. A fast paced track that still takes you across a good portion of the city thanks to, as the title suggests, two massive jumps that throw you over rooftops. Add in some space for drifting and you have a highly memorable track.
- Demonic Spiders: The police. In earlier games, they merely rammed you around and impeded your race progress, but in LA they can actually bring you to a stop and take you out of the race by placing the Player Character under arrest.
- Fridge Brilliance: The first two games take the Brand X route for vehicle names. In the first game, the Jones J-series pickups are based on the Ford F-series pickup. This is a stealth Shout-Out as this isn't the first time a Ford has "played" a Jones.
- Game Breaker: The Kawasaki ZX-14 is unlocked when you reach Champion rank. Fully modified, it will blow the doors off many A-class exotics for between half and one-tenth of the price, depending on your choice of comparison. It can make short work of the difficult AI (see Nintendo Hard below). The South Central Pack (which is included in the Complete Edition) also has the Ducati 1098, which is slightly cheaper and even faster stock. Combine either of those with Level 3 Agro and they're almost unstoppable.
- Goddamned Traffic: There is nothing more aggravating than having a clear shot at the finish line only to have your run rudely interrupted by a hapless AI commuter. Which is why Rockstar made Aggro and Roar.