- Fridge Brilliance: The 3D rendering, while distracting during the first part of the series, actually works well with the large-scale warfare scenes during the second part.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Kanki and Tou. They are so ridiculously popular to the point that fandom pay more attention to their arcs than the main characters'.
- It Was His Sled: Karyo Ten and Kyo Kai turning out to be women.
- Nightmare Fuel: The treatment Zheng and his mom had to endure at the hands of the scorned Zhao countrymen.
- Rescued from the Scrappy Heap: Due to well-established Character Development, the manga is prone to turn utterly despicable characters into much more likable characters down the line. A prime example being Seikyo who developed into a much more respectable member of Qin royalty after seeing Sei's growth.
- Ship-to-Ship Combat: Shin/Ten vs Shin/Kai. The former had an accidental kiss, while the later wished to bear Shin's children.
- Too Cool to Live: General O Ki and Duke Hyou. Both of which were key figures in Shin's development as a military commander.