The Television series
- Where to start? In what is probably the most heartwarming television program ever, the plot about Lyle and Mr. Narbutawicz in the finale of Series 1.
The Manga and Anime
- When his army discovers a boy stumbling through the woods covered in wounds and with two arrows in his back, who begs Xin to help save his state in chapter 257, Xin charges into a conflict that has nothing at all to do with him or his goal. After he successfully kills the enemy leader and drives off the invaders, saving the state's surviving people he meets the injured boy again before he departs and tells him these words about his wounds.
Xin: Endure it. Those are wounds of glory.Xin: It's all thanks to you your state was saved.
- Anytime Shin's Hi Shin Unit risks their lives to save their commander.
- Kyoukai's farewell prank.
- During the Coalition Army, how Sai's people repeatedly respond to Sei's efforts to increase morale, even gravely wounded and on the verge of death because they love this king they had never met before so much. And conversely, Sei's continued care for the people of Sai, remembering names and thanking the soldiers.
- During the State of Ai arc, Shin with Sei's daughter. Damn cute.
- Bihei overhears some of Kanki's men insulting Shin and attacks them despite knowing he will be beaten up for it.
- Seikyou maturing into be a caring and honorable man that is loved and respected. After his tragic death, most of his followers chose to follow his dying wish out of loyalty, signifying how much he has changed.
- Gakurai telling Shin how happy Duke Hyou was when he was with him, and how the Duke sees him as the son he never had.