- First Installment Wins: Readers of the second book, Pickles to Pittsburgh, don't think of it as highly as they do the first. Tellingly, the movie Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 has nothing in common with it, aside from the basic premise of returning to Chewandswallow after the storms.
- Awesome Music:
- The theme Raining Sunshine sung by Miranda Cosgrove.
- The Japanese theme song sung by Shoko Nakagawa is similarly upbeat and catchy.
- From the film's score, "Introducing Flint" and "Meatier Shower" count, as does the music during the island's grand re-opening (before the spaghetti twister hits) which is unfortunately absent from the official soundtrack.
- Crazy Awesome: Earl. And you know, arguably Manny(?). But, you know, mostly Earl.
- Crosses the Line Twice: Flint's already in his Corner of Woe when Sam kicks him in both eyes. Of course it'll be funny.
- Ear Worm: It's raining sunshine... it's raining sunshiiiiine... as sung by Miranda Cosgrove.
- And although it predates the film by several decades, "Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows" does have a tendency to get stuck in one's head after seeing the movie.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: "STEVE!"
- Earl and Manny, for being Crazy Awesome as mentioned above
- Esoteric Happy Ending: Subverted. You would think that the destruction still on several places, mainly the tourist attraction areas, might be this, but they dealt with this in the end credits.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: Flint mentioning he has an allergy to peanuts stops being a funny little aside when you realize that his voice actor, Bill Hader, has the same thing.
- Genius Bonus: Some viewers might have predicted the dam shattering due to it being shaped the wrong way (convexed AWAY FROM the load of food, not towards it like real dams).
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Bruce Campbell playing a character that became fatter and meaner over time, while also (albeit unintentionally) putting several lives in danger? Hmm...
- Just Here for Godzilla: Plenty of fans of Clone High went to see this movie just because Phil Lawrence and Chris Miller were directing it.
- Moe: Sam.
- Nausea Fuel: If 90 minutes of food doesn't eventually make you feel sick to the stomach, the mayor will.
Mayor: "Everybody is going to love these new portion sizes." *shoves a giant hot dog into his mouth* "I know I do."
- Speaking of which, the obese version of the Mayor is constantly glistening with sweat.
- Ugly Cute: The ratbirds
- Uncanny Valley: Of food, amazingly enough. It's very detailed, but it's strange to see it so big. Also true of some the characters, particularly Flint with his blank eyes and huge mouth◊, and the Professor who on top of having the same problems as Flint also has unnaturally fluid movements.
- Unnecessary Makeover: Inverted. Sam wears her glasses and puts her hair in a ponytail for the last half of the movie. Plays straight, though, as Flint is more attracted to her after the change.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: Admit it. You might not see it the first time you see the movie, but you will eventually realize how real some of that stuff looks.
- What an Idiot: The Mayor. Thanks for threatening the entire world just so you can have an all-you-can-eat buffet, jackass!
- The Woobie: Flint
- WTH, Casting Agency?: Where else are you going to find Anna Faris as a brainy weather girl in a movie with an amazingly cast Mr. T and an almost unnoticeable Neil Patrick Harris?