Tear Jerker: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
- Three words. "This is junk."
- The opening scene is pretty heartbreaking.
Flint: I wanted to run away that day...but you can't run away from your own feet."
- Flint's father solemnly grinding sardines into chum, because he doesn't know what else to do.
- Sam recounting her childhood where she was teased for being nerdy. She changed her appearance so she'd look conventionally cute and from that day on hid her intelligence and interest in meteorology so other people wouldn't mock her.
- Flint and his father's entire relationship is sad. His father loves Flint, but doesn't know how to show it, and Flint wants his father to be proud of him and tell him as such. When his father asks him to work out at the shop with him, he does it because he wants to spend time with his son, but Flint takes it as his father not caring about his inventions (and therefore not being proud of him). Then there's the diner scene...