Hilarious in Hindsight: Several.
- Part of the reason for all the jokes about the premise (and the subsequent misinformation about the men's jobs) was a South Park gag from years before Brokeback Mountain was made about all independent movies being about "gay cowboys eating pudding"; there may not be any pudding, but otherwise... Matt Stone and Trey Parker in fact commented in an interview:
Stone: If they have pudding in that movie, I’m going to lose my mind.
Parker: No, if there’s pudding eating in there, we’re going to sue.
- Jake Gyllenhaal's sister Maggie played Rachel Dawes in The Dark Knight, in which Ledger played the Joker. Her character dies, too.
- For that matter, Jake was apparently considered for the role of Harvey Dent.
- For Batman, before Begins was in production. That would have put a whole new spin on Joker's line "You complete me." (...okay, maybe exactly the same spin.)
- Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway played lovers in Love and Other Drugs.