Pole Position is an animated cartoon series produced by DIC Entertainment which aired on CBS in the 1980s. Although the cartoon shares its name with the videogame Pole Position by Namco, there is no other connection between the two entities. The name Pole Position is copyright of Namco and used under license, and DIC apparently really wanted to use that name. note The show featured three young sibling crime fighters, Dan, Tess, and young Daisy Darrett, the elder two of whom were stunt drivers and were part of a secret government operation under the guise of the "Pole Position Stunt Show" that was run by their Uncle Zachary. Pole Position itself seemed to be a way to disguise and protect top-secret scientific research. The youths inherited the role after their parents died in an unfortunate car accident. The team is equipped with two high-tech talking vehicles named "Roadie" and "Wheels".The vehicles featured numerous hidden gadgets like water skis and hover jets. The vehicles' computers themselves are portable and can be removed from the dashboards and carried around using handles, (thus they are often referred to as "the modules"). They are characters that appeared as computer-drawn faces displayed on video screens.
- Action Girl: Tess.
- Cool Car: Roadie and Wheels.
- Deadpan Snarker: Roadie and Wheels.
- Eenie, Meenie, Miny Moai: Booby-trapped statues like this show up in "The Trouble With Kuma."
- Gender Misdirection: The heroes once had to meet a T. D. Russel and were never told if Russel was a man or a woman. After getting rid of two men claiming to be Russel, they learn the real one is a woman.
- Girlish Pigtails: Daisy.
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: Each episode has a Punny Name derived from an Alfred Hitchcock film.
- Idiot Hero: Dan.
- The Mentor: Dr. Zachary.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Roadie And Wheels - and their drivers. Tess is much more restrained and logical than her impulsive brother.
- Tagalong Kid: Daisy.
- Team Pet/Non-Human Sidekick: Kuma.
- Zeerust: At the time, Roadie looked like a suitably futuristic car. Not so today.