Five years after The Flintstones
ended, a Saturday Morning Cartoon
spin-off was created by Hanna-Barbera
with the two toddlers, Pebbles Flintstone and Bamm-Bamm Rubble, as teenagers. Fred and Barney were relegated to supporting roles, as were Wilma and Betty. Many new characters were introduced, most of them teens who served as friends or foils
to Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm.
The voice cast included Sally Struthers
as Pebbles and Jay North
- All Bikers Are Hell's Angels/Badass Bikers: What the Bronto Bunch are trying to be.
- Alpha Bitch/Rich Bitch: Cindy.
- Blinding Bangs: Schleprock's eyes are hidden by his hat.
- Blondes are Evil: Cindy.
- Catch Phrase: "Yabba Dabba Doozie!" (Usually an indication that Pebbles has picked up the Idiot Ball again - and often lampshaded by Bamm-Bamm with a Here We Go Again.)
- Cool Car: Bamm-Bamm's station wagon.
- Demoted to Extra: Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm's parents.
- Does Not Wear Shoes: As usual for the Flintstones franchise, the entire cast is constantly barefoot.
- Expository Theme Tune
- Fake Band: Pebbles, Bamm-Bamm and their friends have one called the Bedrock Rockers.
- Forgot About His Powers: Bamm-Bamm's Super Strength is gone without explanation. Though it does reappear just as inexplicably in the late 90s specials.
- Gadgeteer Genius/Teen Genius: Moonrock.
- Genki Girl: Pebbles.
- Hair Decorations: Pebbles wears a bone in her hair, like before.
- Hollywood Tone-Deaf: In the episode where Bamm-Bamm has a gorgeous voice, but only when he's singing in the shower. His "bad" voice is a little too exaggerated.note
- Idiot Ball: Pebbles usually holds it, so much so that Ed Liu of Toonzone mentions (and links to) the trope in his review of the series.
- Jerkass: Cindy and her equally snobby boyfriend Fabian.
- The Jinx: Badluck Schleprock.
- Laugh Track: H-B abandoned the standard prime time laugh track used at the time and created a cheesy synthetic laugh track for this series as well as companion CBS show Help! It's The Hair Bear Bunch!
- Nerd Glasses: Moonrock wears them.
- New-Age Retro Hippie: The astrology-obsessed Wiggy is an early example.
- Nice Hat: Bamm-Bamm, Schleprock and Zonk (one of the Bronto Bunch) all wear one.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: "Pebbles' Big Boast" has an appearance by Mick Jagged and the Rolling Jadestones.
- Only Sane Man: Bamm-Bamm.
- The Rival: Cindy, to Pebbles.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Moonrock often talks this way.
- Time Skip
- Two Shorts: The Pebbles & Bamm-Bamm series were single episodes. The next season's Flintstone Comedy Hour featured two shorts with Fred and Barney (the kids would make fleeting appearances), a short with Pebbles & Bamm and friends, and two songs by the Bedrock Rockers.
- The Ugly Guy's Hot Daughter: Pebbles in this series.
- X Meets Y: The Flintstones meets The Archie Show.
- Zany Scheme: Pebbles comes up with "a crazy, hair-brained scheme" Once an Episode.