Western Animation: The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show
Five years after The Flintstones
ended, a Saturday Morning Cartoon
spin-off was created by Hanna-Barbera
with the two toddlers, Pebbles Flintstone and Bamm-Bamm Rubble, as teenagers. Fred and Barney were relegated to supporting roles, as were Wilma and Betty. Many new characters were introduced, most of them teens who served as friends or foils
to Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm.
The voice cast included Sally Struthers
as Pebbles and Jay North
- All Bikers Are Hells Angels/Badass Bikers: What the Bronto Bunch are trying to be.
- Alpha Bitch/Rich Bitch: Cindy Curbstone.
- Blondes Are Evil: Cindy.
- Catch Phrase: "Yabba Dabba Doozie!" (Usually an indication that Pebbles has picked up the Idiot Ball again - and often lampshaded by Bamm-Bamm with a Here We Go Again.)
- Also, Schleprock's "Wowzie wowzie woo woo!" just before he causes destruction in his wake.
- Cool Car: Bamm-Bamm's station wagon.
- Demoted to Extra: Pebbles' and Bamm-Bamm's parents get this in most episodes. However sometimes they are rather driving to the episodes plot. Fred's promotion is what leads to one episode's shenanigans, and two have to deal with the kids trying to fix something they believe happened to Barney.
- Does Not Wear Shoes: As usual for the Flintstones franchise, the entire cast is constantly barefoot.
- Expository Theme Tune
- Eye-Obscuring Hat: Schleprock wears one.
- Fake Band: Pebbles, Bamm-Bamm and their friends have one called the Bedrock Rockers.
- Forgot About His Powers: Bamm-Bamm's Super Strength is gone without explanation. Though it does reappear just as inexplicably in the late 1990s specials.
- Essentially making it an aversion to Puberty Superpower, as Bamm-Bamm would lose his during it.
- Gadgeteer Genius/Teen Genius: Moonrock.
- Genki Girl: Pebbles.
- Hair Decorations: Pebbles wears a bone in her hair, like before.
- Hollywood Tone-Deaf: In the episode where Bamm-Bamm has a gorgeous voice, but only when he's singing in the shower. His "bad" voice is a little too exaggerated.
- Idiot Ball: Pebbles usually holds it, so much so that Ed Liu of Toonzone mentions (and links to) the trope in his review of the series.
- Jerkass: Cindy and her equally snobby boyfriend, Fabian.
- The Jinx: Badluck Schleprock.
- Laugh Track: H-B abandoned the standard prime-time laugh track used at the time and created a cheesy synthetic laugh track for this series, as well as for companion CBS show Help! It's the Hair Bear Bunch!
- Mythology Gag: Bamm-Bamm has the same ability to only sing in the shower his father had in an episode of the original series.
- Nerd Glasses: Moonrock wears them.
- New-Age Retro Hippie: The astrology-obsessed Wiggy is an early example.
- Nice Hat: Bamm-Bamm, Schleprock and Zonk (one of the Bronto Bunch) all wear them.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: "Pebbles' Big Boast" has an appearance by Mick Jagged and the Rolling Jadestones.
- Only Sane Man: Bamm-Bamm.
- The Rival: Cindy, to Pebbles.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Moonrock often talks this way.
- Time Skip
- Two Shorts: The original series was one segment for the full half hour. The following season a new show took it's place but was extended an hour. The first hour featuring short gags and songs with Fred and Barney and the kids as a band. The latter half was for reruns and new epiosdes of this show. However rhe new episodes were now two 11 minute shorts.
- Nowadays those four new segments are considered Season 2 of this show and were released on this show's dvd.
- The Ugly Guy's Hot Daughter: Pebbles in this series.
- Bamm-Bamm is a male version, compared to the cartoony-looking Fred and Barney, he's tall, muscular and rather handsome.
- Captain Ersatz: In particular, Moonrock looks and acts like the Archie Comics character Dilton Doiley.
- Walking Disaster Area: Schleprock.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Dino, Baby Puss, Hoppy, and Gazoo are gone without a trace. Dino would return on The Flintstone Comedy Hour the following season.
- Zany Scheme: Pebbles comes up with "a crazy, hair-brained scheme" Once an Episode.