Webcomic / Twisted Mirrors
is a fantasy webcomic
, created by dragonsong12. Set in a fantasy world where humans hold another species - the boetheri - as slaves, the series focuses on Nareth, a young nobleman who finds himself transferred into the body of a boetheri, Tren-an. Nareth must not only deal with his new life as a slave (supported by his boetheri servants Tai-ra and Jaith, who are unaware of the change in their master), but he must also try to thwart the plans Tren-an has in his original body.
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Ralla, Nareth's love interest as a human, seems nice... until she tortures Nareth-as-boetheri on their first meeting simply as a lesson in obedience.
- Blackmail: Tren-an threatens Nareth and, later, Bradley into keeping the switch hidden.
- Dem Bones: Animated skeletons serve as guardians in the abandoned elven city. Notably, they are fragile and easily dispatched.
- Drunk on the Dark Side: Nareth showed signs of this after successfully frightening Tren-an.
- Evil Sorcerer: Tren-an.
- Eyepatch of Power: Subverted with Jaith, as he does not become noticeably more Bad Ass.
- Fantastic Racism: Towards the boetheri.
- First-Name Basis: Jaith calls Nareth-as-boetheri "Tren" (rather than the full name "Tren-an") early on. These three pages explain that this is quite significant.
- Grand Theft Me: Tren-an's switch with Nareth begins the plot.
- Happiness in Slavery: Tai-Ra and Jaith; Nareth was an exceptionally considerate master, although Tren-An, after taking over his body, is not. In the Back Story, the original masters of the boetheri - the elves - treated all boetheri well.
- Here There Were Dragons: In the Back Story, much of the world's magic was deliberately sealed away by humans, allowing them to triumph in their war with the elves. Magic still exists, but only in a minor form (thus far).
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Tai-ra suffers this, after Tren-an requests her company for the evening, and Nareth confronts him, preventing her from fulfilling said order.
- Humans Are Bastards: Towards the boetheri, anyway; technically, one of the elves started the war.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Nareth, after becoming a boetheri, discovers his friend Bradley is this.
- Made a Slave: Nareth.
- Manipulative Bastard: Tren-an.
- Powers via Possession: A variation: Nareth is unable to use magic in his original body, but Tren-an is quite capable of doing so after he takes it over.
- The Rant
- Slave Race: The boetheri.
- The Stoic: Ser-den, Ralla's chief servant.
- Tongue-Tied: Tren-an does this to Nareth's friend Bradley after he figures out the switch.