Twisted Kaiju Theater
is a webcomic, created by Sean "Shin-Goji" McGuinness, a fan of action figures and clix. The webcomic is primarily created by arranging action figures of Kaiju
and others, with bugged-out eyes and speech bubbles superimposed. The comic is quite the Long Runner
, having put out over 1500 strips since 2001, so beware going on too long an Archive Binge
Another major draw for TKT was its large collection of Cute Monster Girl
art, also known as the Kaiju Girls, which was recently deleted from the servers in an attempt to make the site more respectable.
Currently the comic itself is on an indefinite hiatus as the writer wishes to focus on his career and art.
- Arch-Enemy: Deconstructed with Tyrant, who's arch-enemy relationship with Shin-Goji is practically a mental disorder. The rivalry between him and Shin is pretty one-sided as most of the time Shin just ignores him. His repeated battles with the Toxic Pirates result in him losing his job, his mooks abandoning him, and getting the crap kicked out of him time and time again. A part of the ''Final Invasion'' revolves around explaining why Tyrant keeps up with this self-destructive behaivior and why he hates Shin so much. He seems to have finally gotten better.
- Author Avatar: Shin-Goji and most of his friends have one of these.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Shin-Goji has no problem with his girlfriend Murugu being a psychotic nymphomaniac or Murugu at one point working for mystic opponents attempting to steal Shin's dark powers. What horrifies Shin-Goji is that Murugu is a Republican... and a fan of Twilight.
- Black Comedy Rape: Everytime you turn around some dude is always getting it.
- Butt Monkey: GINO, aka Zilla the western Gojira.
- Catchphrase: "Sweet Monkey Jesus!"
- Cerebus Syndrome: The comic as a whole tends to go into deadly serious phases of continuity every 40 strips or so - the most recent having resulted in Shin-Goji being booted from Neo-Monster Island just so Tyrant could prove a point about loyalty to family and the strip being renamed "The Once And Future Tyrant," with a focus shift from Kaiju to Super Robots.
- Lampshaded. Shin-Goji claims to have a standing prescription for it.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Most of the Toxic Pirates but Marius really takes the cake.
- Dysfunction Junction
- Hostile Show Takeover: "The Once and Future Tyrant".
- Long Runner
- My Girl Is a Slut: Murugu, and Shin-Goji knows it. In fact, when he finds his illegal Mexican bootleg kaiju figure poolboys gangbanging her, his main concern is that the pool doesn't exist in his backyard yet.
- One of Us: Not only are there a number of shout outs to this wiki, but this site is even used as a plot point in the "Once And Future Tyrant" story arc.
- Only Sane Man: Space Hojo and Son Gohrotto are the only Toxic Pirates that aren't out of their minds in one way or another.
- Toilet Humor: A master of it.
- Road Lemon Sours: The tradition began in the very first episode, wherein the Lemon Sours packaged with Godzilla gashapon toys were revealed to be King Ghidorah's poop. Ever since, Lemon Sours have become Neo-Monster Island's chief export and Ghidorah's canon Villain Decay has been accelerated to the point that the three-headed dragon is mainly a homage to Beavis And Butthead.
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life: The Toxic Pirates' absence during the "Once And Future Tyrant" arc is explained by them having had to chase Murugu as she got click-happy here. No word yet on whether they visited this very page.
- Ultimate Gamer 386: Sean McGuinness is one of these in Billy Vs SNAKEMAN, for reasons he lists in Strip 1656note .
- Verbal Tic: Bidibidibidibidi!
- The War on Straw: Shin-Goji engages in this sorta thing quite often.
- Zombie Apocalypse: The "28 Minutes Later" story arc, which involves the Toxic Pirates trying to survive a zombie outbreak at Nashi-Con.