The Princess Planet is a hilariously outrageous world where just about every girl is a princess and mix-and-match monsters frolic amongst spaceships and robots.This webcomic, created by Brian McLachlan is best described as a Fractured Fairy Tale meets Space Opera with a dash of The Far Side.The heroine, Princess Christi, is bored with life in the royal family, so she abandons her life of comfort for adventures outwitting opponents with Bugs Bunny-like logic.This tall blonde wants to be an adventure heroine.You can read it here.
The Princess Planet provides examples of the following tropes:
- Dem Bones: Christi often encounters living skeletons and even lost a game of Strip Poker to them.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Subverted. A minor character in his first appearance is sent to the dungeon, apparently to die — being hung next to a skeleton—for telling a bad joke, but the next strip reveals that the skeleton hanging next to him is actually a living skeleton sent there (briefly) for the same reason.
- Forgotten Phlebotinum: invoked, Christi's magic wand which is implied to be able to do anything is only ever used twice. Christi never uses it specifically because it would spoil the fun.
- Running Gag: Christi often plays "treasure inspector"; the princesses saying "I have a..."; the king routinely finds fault with artists' suggestions for the royal coat of arms.
- Snowlems: Christi's companion is a talking snowman who never seems to melt.
- Unexplained Recovery: Various minor characters, including the Viking turned to stone and then a flaming monkey-helicopter-baby-chicken-magnet and the Bad Boyfriend eaten by a monster, but noticeably not the child-eating witch whom Christi turned into a hat. The witch's every subsequent apperance is as a hat.