"Revenge is like a plume of smoke."Plume is a fantasy/western adventure webcomic written and illustrated by Kari Smith. The author gives us this synopsis of the story:"Plume is a story set in the Old West about a girl named Vesper Grey and her supernatural companion, Corrick. On their quest to recover her father’s life work, they encounter new friends and new foes, and learn that The Wild West really does live up to its name."Starting in mid 2011, it is rather new. Updates are relatively frequent, but sporadic.
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Action Duo: If the numerous dead bodies surrounding the two in the first few pages are any indication.
- Adventurer Archaeologist: It seems Vesper's father is this.
- Ancient Artifact: Corrick himself.
- Arch-Enemy: Aunt Agatha Murdock was Vesper’s first arch nemesis.
- Bad Ass In A Nice Suit: Corrick’s got a pretty swanky outfit. Word of God has it his design was partially based off Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist.
- Blood Knight: Vesper's "But God help me, killing is therapeutic."
- Bridal Carry: here
- Evil Uncle: Aunt, actually. Also, not really evil, just strict.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Dom's got one across his eye apparently because Vesper's dad tried to kill him
- Glowing Eyes: Corrick’s eyes are always glowing, but they get special mention for his power moments.
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: Tegan
- Hot Wings: The power granted by the Mask of the Seraphim, except sevenfold.
- Ignore the Fanservice: Corrick. oh so much
- Lady of Adventure: Vesper.
- Legacy of Service: Corrick has been bound to protect the wearer of the amulet for almost 600 years.
- Mask of Power: The Mask of the Seraphim.
- "Open!" Says Me: Vesper enthusiastically kicks open a locked treasure chest.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Vesper starts on one after Dominic kills her father despite Corrick's advice that sh should just let it go.
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead: Tegan.
- Super Strength: Given by the Powerstone
- Tempting Fate: When this is done, the power of the amulet weakens.
- Touch of Death: Under no circumstances should Vesper touch Corrick’s skin. Apparently it’d be very painful for her.
- Effects seen here
- Weird West
- The Wild West: The setting for Plume.
- Would Hit a Girl: Corrick pretty much stated this when Tegan was flirting with himTegan: You have very striking eyes...Corrick: You'll find my hand striking too if you don't back up.